Applying to FIT’s Undergraduate Programs
- Prospective first-year and transfer students should file the application for admission to FIT on the State University of New York (SUNY) website by the stated deadline.
- All applicants for admission are required to be candidates for (or already hold) a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED) diploma, Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) diploma, or International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma.
- All applicants will need to select their major when filling out the application for admission.
- All applicants must submit a personal essay.
- A portfolio is required for all applicants to the School of Art and Design; see the FIT website for specific portfolio requirements.
- International applicants are required to submit either TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, or PTE scores unless their language of instruction or native language is English. All secondary and post-secondary transcripts must be evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- Transfer applicants must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary schools and colleges they have attended.
- Transfer applicants may qualify for a one-year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in certain majors if they hold a baccalaureate degree or have accumulated at least 30 transferable college credits at a regionally accredited institution. A minimum of 24 of the 30 transferable credits must be liberal arts coursework that is equivalent to FIT’s core course requirement.
Standardized Test Scores
SAT or ACT scores are not required for admission to the college, except for applicants to the Presidential Scholars Program.
Fall semester: Jan. 1
(all supplemental materials must be received by Feb. 1 to receive priority consideration for fall semester admission).
Spring semester: Oct. 1
(all supplemental materials must be received by Nov. 1 to receive priority consideration for spring semester admission).
Fall semester: April 1
Spring semester: Dec. 1
Tuition Deposit Deadlines
Fall semester: May 1
Spring semester: Two weeks after the date of the offer of admission letter