Clubs, Sports & other Activities
FIT is home to dozens of organizations and services that help you meet people, establish a sense of community outside the classroom, and make college life happier, healthier, and more productive. Here’s some of what’s available:
FIT Athletics includes nationally competitive (and winning!) intercollegiate teams in cross-country, tennis, half-marathon, soccer, swimming and diving, track and field, table tennis, and volleyball.
The Style Shop
The Style Shop is an on-campus, student-run boutique, staffed by members of the FIT Merchandising Society who work as buyers, managers, designers, and sales associates. Open to the public, the store is known for its curated selection of designer pieces, industry merchandise, must-have vintage clothing, home goods, and the Style Shop’s own product development line.
You’ll have lots of opportunities to build community:
- Student government
- Student-produced newspaper and magazine
- Recreational fitness center
- Leadership programs
- Center for Volunteer Services
The Gladys Marcus Library, with a collection of almost 300,000 volumes of print, non-print, and digital resources, includes an international assortment of sketchbooks, periodicals, images, films, and clippings.
The campus bookstore carries a full range of academic and industry-related books, along with art, sewing, and computer supplies.
The Museum at FIT
The Museum at FIT’s permanent collection of more than 50,000 garments and accessories includes more than 4,000 pairs of shoes by luminaries such as Manolo Blahnik, Ferragamo, and Perugia.
RESIDENCE HALLS AND DINING
If you decide to live on campus, you will:
- Be part of a safe, supportive, and creative student community.
- Live in one of four residence halls, which together house approximately 2,300 students.
- Find housing that suits your lifestyle, from traditional dorm-style rooms with meal plans to apartment-style suites with kitchens; from rooms with four-person occupancy to doubles.
- Enjoy dining with friends who live both on and off campus at the FIT dining hall.
- Be around the corner from the rest of New York City!